Labels

Monday 25 March 2013

Stop the hate


Fine. This meme got my blood boiling right away. Not funny. For those asking me where's my sense of humour? It's shoved deep in your ass. I admit India is not the perfect country to live in. We have corruption, illiteracy, poverty, caste discrimination and much more but whatever it may be, we are not a country of rapists. The other day, I watched some video on Youtube about some Indian stuff, don't remember what and one comment was, "what took the busy Indians from their gang raping schedule to make this video".

Just because a few cases of rape make the headlines, the whole of India does not need to get tarnished. I am an Indian and I respect women. I am not sexist and I believe in the empowerment of women. And this I speak on behalf of my fellow Indians. We are a country built on family values and traditions. I don't give a fuck about people who radicalise issues regarding gender, caste, religion or anything else. A majority of us stand up for rights, no matter what. The media is doing a wonderful job at sensationalising rape stories rather than focussing on various development issues. No point blaming them.

You will be surprised to learn how many infuriated Indians took the streets protesting in Delhi against the recent gang rape that shocked all. So stop with this stereotyping shit already. Or if you want to play the stereotype game, then:

I know some Americans who are not obese
I know some Arabs who are not terrorists
I know some Australians who are not racists
I know some Britishers who are not pregnant at the age 16
I know some Mexicans who are not immigrants
I know some Germans who are not nazis
I know some Russians who are not drunkards
I know some Israelis who are not selfish
I know some Pakistanis who take a bath
I know some Chinese who don't eat dogs, cats and cockroaches

Reminds me of a quote from Einstein, "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

No comments:

Post a Comment