Labels

Saturday 26 October 2013

Scottish Shower

When you wake up in the morning, you require so much motivation to get out of the bed. When I wake up and dread the morning, I hit the snooze button and hug my pillow for a little more sleep. But ten minutes is faster than light. Then I drag myself to take a shower and the hot water literally makes me forget the world. I keep telling myself that if I don't get out of the shower, I'm going to run late. But this scumbag brain does not listen. I stay in soaking myself in the hot shower and stay there forever. Now the thing is, hot water actually makes you lazy after a while and the skin gets affected as well. It becomes kind of hard and feels uncomfortable. One hour after the shower and I'm sleepy again. Hot showers weren't helping me actually. I read somewhere that hot showers tend to decrease sperm count and cold shower increases the testosterone production in men which leads to an increase in fertility. Not that I'm worried about this, but if you are are planning to make babies, switch off your heater. (The more you know!!!)

Here is a small tip for those who don't want to feel groggy in the morning. It is difficult to take a shower in ice cold water, no one wants to do that. But what I do is, as I am showering in hot water, I shut it off and turn on ice cold water. This sudden change of temperature makes your heart beat faster and increases respiration rate. I clench my teeth and feel like a Spartan standing under ice cold water. Yes! the Spartan's took freezing ice cold baths to enhance their mental strength and thus prepared their body for war. They felt that hot water was a luxury and for the weak. It actually feels refreshing and you can see for yourself that you are more active when you take a cold shower.

In James Bond novels, the character usually takes a hot shower, then switches to cold. The system of alternating hot and cold showers is called 'Scottish shower'. Mr.Bond learnt this from his ancestors I guess. Oh these Scotts! How surprised was I when I learnt how a kilt is actually worn. Reminds me of frozen meat balls (no pun intended...or maybe a little actually was).

So next time you shower and you want to step out fully recharged, don't fear the cold water tap, turn it on and feel the lightning electrify you. Refresh yourself!

Note: Please bin my advice if you live in the North Pole or South Pole.



No comments:

Post a Comment