Labels

Monday 18 November 2013

Will you cry?



I stumbled upon this picture and I was wondering. If I were to die tomorrow, how many people would actually cry? I counted my mom, dad and sister. Some close friends for sure, hardly a handful of them. Then some relatives (I think). When I say cry, I mean actual heart broken crying. Not those temporary tears at a funeral where by the end of the week the thought of my death is no longer in their mind. 
From my calculation, it looks like a very few will be inconsolable and desolated. Damn. Looks like I need to work on my character or maybe I should contribute more to society in such a way that my loss is felt. I wonder what I should do?

Just yesterday I was thinking of the friends I had lost. I had a friend back in high school who died of cancer. He was this brilliant kid in academics and one of the reasons I loved him was because he was the only one of the two guys in class who would talk to me (I was the only non-nerd person in a class full of students aspiring to become doctors). I used to flunk in most of the subjects. But this guy was cool, allowed me to copy from his paper during exams and sang traditional folk songs for me. A huge loss for me when I lost him and his death came as a big blow for me.

While in university, I had another friend who succumbed to epileptic seizure. That was sad as well. I think of these lost friends and the memories I had with them still linger in my thoughts. When a close young relative died recently, in a few months even after accepting the fact that people have to leave one day, my heart suffers when I see the plight of the family struggling. My grandmother expired 3 months ago, I felt bad. I felt worse for my grandfather because of the companionship he had lost.

I don't think I will be able to bear it if anyone close to me leaves their mortal coil. It's like a piece of me going away for ever. I pray that I don't live to see that day. To be loved by one and all is cool, yet a great feat to achieve. So be kind to all and smile more often! One life folks, we have only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment