Labels

Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Dream - Short Story #2

I have this recurring nightmare. I am in an old house, and it has a balcony with black grills. Now this balcony is weird because it is inward facing, it faces inwards to a room. So basically I am standing on this balcony facing the walls of the room and below is the floor of the room. It is always dark in this room and there is faint light coming from somewhere. All of a sudden, I see this man who is standing below. I can't see him properly, but he is lending out his hand, almost seems as if he's asking me to step down. But I refuse and look away and that's when I wake up and I feel relieved.

Last night I had this dream again, when the man gave me his hand, I try to look away, but I give my hand to him and I know I just did the most stupid thing. As soon as I give my hand, as I think I will be pulled down to doom, I feel myself pulling him up. So now he's climbing up rather than me going down. That's when I woke up screaming, sweat strained.

My dad immediately appears and says, "It's okay, it's okay. Just a bad dream. I am here now." Even though it's dark, reassured my dad is there, I fall asleep, dad pats my forehead gently whispering, "I'm with you... I'm with you now."

Next morning when I go down for breakfast and the main door clicks open. Standing there is my dad looking worn out in a suit. I ask him, "Where are you coming from? Thanks for last night, I freaked out." He replies, "What are you talking about? I left you an SMS...I was on night duty last night, nobody was home except you."

No comments:

Post a Comment